Monday, February 9, 2009

Chronicle of woe

While Tim may be lamenting the state of his fair paper, I was just in San Fran and the SF Chronicle seems to be in far worse shape. The thing was a rag of its former self. There was so little news of any sort, I think the Daily Trojan might be meatier. No foreign correspondents, only AP. Minimal national news. It was pathetic. And I remember the paper some 4 years ago being a quality news source. Sad times for the SF Chron. I practically hugged my LA Times when I got home.

1 comment:

  1. I think it's just a matter of time (I'm betting the fourth quarter of this year) before Hearst takes the Chronicle off life support. As this article (http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/07_30/b4043029.htm) says, the paper has been losing money for a long time.

    ReplyDelete